- [2022, Cell] Determining The Role of MicroRNAs in Self-Renewal, Metastasis and Resistance to Drugs in Human Gastric Cancer Based on Data Mining Approaches: A Systematic Review -- "... the target prediction of miRNAs and their related signalling pathways were obtained by using bioinformatics tools, ONCO.IO and KEGG databases", "Putative miRNA targets are essential to discover relevant pathways and they were identified by the ONCO.IO database", "Hence, we created a regulatory network model to illustrate a better concept for miRNA-gene or miRNA-protein interactions through the ONCO.IO database.", "A list of target genes for miRNAs (miR-34a, miR-23a miR-30a, miR-100) was obtained using the ONCO.IO database to find signalling pathways regulated by miRNAs."
- [2022, Current Molecular Medicine]Transcriptomic Signatures in Colorectal Cancer Progression -- "Network analysis in ONCO.IO showed that upstream master regulators RELA, STAT3, SOX2, FOXM1, SMAD3 and NF-kB were connected with “core” hub-genes."
- [2022, Cells] Apelin Promotes Prostate Cancer Metastasis by Downregulating TIMP2 via Increases in miR-106a-5p Expression -- "miRNAs are crucial modulators in the regulation of cancer progression and metastasis. When we combined the miRwalk (http://mirwalk.umm.uni-heidelberg.de/interactions/, accessed on 8 August 2022) and ONCO.IO (http://onco.io/node.php?nid=88300, accessed on 8 August 2022) databases to predict which miRNAs could bind mosteffectively with TIMP2, 3 miRNAS were identified (miR-20a, miR-93a, and miR-106a-5p)"
- [2021, Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy] Diterpenoid anthraquinones as chemopreventive agents altered microRNA and transcriptome expressions in cancer cells -- "The miRNA and transcription factor network analysis used ONCO.IO (https://ONCO.IO), which is an integrative resource database and network analysis tool for exploring complex gene regulatory networks in cancer."
- [2020, Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology] IL-32γ suppressed atopic dermatitis through inhibition of miR-205 expression via inactivation of nuclear factor-kappa B -- "The miRNA-gene network of miR-205 and RELA (p65) were analyzed by using the ONCO.IO database tool (https://onco.io), which is based on the manually curated annotation of experimentally verified molecular interactions described in the literature."
- [2019, Tarbiat Modares University, Modares Journal of Biotechnology] Data Mining as a Tool to Identify miRNAs which Regulate Stemness, Metastasis and Drug Resistance in Gastric Cancer -- " ONCO.IO database and KEGG pathway have been done to obtain the interaction between miRNA-miRNA target and cancer-related signaling pathway respectively."
- [2018, MDPI, Cancers] Epigenetic Regulation by lncRNAs: An Overview Focused on UCA1 in Colorectal Cancer -- "We confirmed the UCA1/miRNA-regulated genes in these pathways with the miRNA network analysis tool ONCO.IO (Figure 2). Figure 2. The regulation by Urothelial Cancer Associated 1 (UCA1)-associated miRNAs. All 29 miRNAs published to interact with UCA1 (Table 4) were submitted to the miRNA network analysis tool ONCO.IO and the downstream-regulated genes are visualized (https://onco.io/main.php). All 29 miRNAs published to interact with UCA1 in diverse cancer cell types (Table 4) were submitted to the miRNA network analysis tool ONCO.IO and their interaction with chemoresistance-related genes were visualized (Receptors: TGFBR2, NOTCH1, FGFR1;"
- [2018, biorxiv.org] Comparative Proteogenomic Analysis of Right-sided Colon Cancer, Left-sided Colon Cancer and Rectal Cancers Reveal Distinct Mutational Profiles -- "Further network analysis was carried out using a newer version, ONCO.IO (https://onco.io), of the MicroRNA OncoBase (MirOB) web tool (http://mirob.interactome.ru/)."
- LabWorm ONCO.IO profile
Previous version of the ONCO.IO tool (https://mirob.interactome.ru)
[PLOS | ONE 2017] Meta-analysis of miRNA expression profiles for prostate cancer recurrence following radical prostatectomy -- "Network-based analysis was performed using a MIROB web tool (http://mirob.interactome.ru/) which has been designed to support analysis of microRNA expression data. MIROB (microRNA OncoBase) scans the set of input miRNAs to build any cancer pathways, detects key targets and Transcription Factors (TF) of candidate miRNAs, identifies any possible correlation between key targets and TF of candidate miRNAs and other diseases, and makes pathogenesis network.
MIROB tool was used to perform regulatory microRNA network analysis to identify regulators responsible for the observed patterns in miRNA meta-analysis studies.
To understand the association of the DE microRNAs list with the most significant target genes and transcription factors, we conducted a regulatory gene network analysis using the MIROB web tool. CDKN1A and LASP1 were amongst the most significant target genes associated with the DE microRNAs."
[Placenta 2017] Dysregulated placental microRNAs in Early and Late onset Preeclampsia -- "RNA target prediction for selected miRNAs was performed with TargetScan v.7.0 , DIANA tools [, , ] and the miROB annotation web tool (http://mirob.interactome.ru/)."
[PLOS | one] Proteasome Functioning in Breast Cancer: Connection with Clinical-Pathological Factors. Elena E. Shashova, Yulia V. Lyupina, Svetlana A. Glushchenko, Elena M. Slonimskaya, Olga V. Savenkova, Alexey M. Kulikov
"Regulatory network between ERα and proteasome immune subunit LMP2 in breast cancer. MIR, microRNA; SOX4, PU.1 (SPI 1), MYC, transcription factors. Created within open informatics site MirOB"
[Uppsala: Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis, 2014 / .pdf] Small Intestinal Neuroendocrine Tumor Analyses. Somatostatin Analog Effects and MicroRNA Profiling. Su-Chen Li /UPPSALA UNIVERSITET
"MicroRNA OncoBase (MirOB) (www.mirob.interactome.ru/) software was used to identify biologically relevant gene networks and any potential miRNA target gene’s ontology information."
[Tumor Biology, jan 2015/springer] Over-expression of miR-10b in NPC patients: correlation with LMP1 and Twist1 -- "Supplementary Fig. S2: Regulatory network of miR-10b. This schematic representation is created within the open informatic’s site MirOB "
Targeted cancer therapy based on blocking the expression of genes and small doses of oxaliplatin. (file [.pdf])
[innoros.ru] Searching and analysis novel gene targets for colorectal cancer therapy by multiple comparison of clinical OMICs data and detail bioinformatics analysis, including network and pathway approaches, created by Stas Poyarkov and Russians leading bioinformatics team.
[researchgate.net] Does anyone have experience with Multi-Omics Interaction Network (GE + miRNA + Methylation + CNA)?
[.pdf] [Диссертация] "Профилирование экспрессии микроРНК в опухолях молочной железы и шеи. Сравнительный анализ". Веряскина Юлия Андреевна. (2016 год).
"Экспериментально доказанные гены-мишени миРНК и транскрипционные факторы. Массив данных сформирован при помощи базы данных mirOB (http://mirob.interactome.ru)."
[www.sys-med.de] Network analysis of HDAC-controlled microRNAs in neuroblastoma -- "Predicted protein-coding mRNA targets will be then systematically mapped to cellular pathways from the KEGG database and the mirOB database for cancer-specific pathways involving microRNAs among other database resources."
Медицинская Генетика, 2015 г., Том 14, №3 (153). Материалы VII Съезда Российского общества медицинских генетиков. -- "Анализ с помощью интерактивной базы для раково-специфичных генных сетей mirOB показал различные патогенетические пути, в которые вовлечены микроРНК разных групп. МикроРНК с положительными корреляциями связаны с процессами эпителиально-мезенхимального перехода (EMT), клеточным циклом и пролиферацией; смешанная группа связана с миграцией, инвазией и апоптозом."
Omictools MirOB profile
MirOB plugin in BioGPS